Test Bank for Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions 8th Edition by Corey
- Title: Test Bank for Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions 8th Edition by Corey
- Edition: 8th Edition
- ISBN-10: 0495812412
- ISBN-13: 978-0495812418
Up-to-date and comprehensive, this practical, bestselling text (now available with an online personalized study plan) provides students with the basis for discovering their own guidelines for helping within the broad limits of professional codes of ethics and divergent theoretical positions. Respected authors Gerald Corey, Marianne Corey, and Patrick Callanan raise what they consider to be central issues, present a range of diverse views on these issues, discuss their position, and present many opportunities for students to refine their thinking and actively develop their own position. With new material throughout every chapter and an increased emphasis on critical thinking, the Eighth Edition is modern and useful for students as well as practicing professionals. Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (Eighth Edition) explores such questions as: What role do the therapist’s personal values play in the counseling relationship? What ethical responsibilities and rights do clients and therapists have? And what considerations are involved in adapting counseling practice to diverse client populations?
About This Edition: New Features
- New commentaries following all of the cases presented in the various chapters provide guidance to students as they consider the issues involved. These commentaries also assist students in applying ethical standards from the various codes to a wide variety of practical cases. While students are not provided with the “correct answers” to the cases presented, they are given specific ideas about ways to resolve ethical dilemmas found in the many cases.
- Throughout the book, the authors present new research and literature on a wide range of ethical topics, including counter transference, informed consent, ethical and effective practice of clinical supervision, sexual attractions in therapy, dealing with impaired supervisees, giving and receiving gifts, training and supervision of group leaders, advantages and disadvantages of counseling via the Internet, recent ethics codes on technology applications, and more. The authors also include new material on empathy fatigue, the role of spirituality and religion in counseling, ethical issues in spirituality and addictions treatment, and end-of-life decisions. Additionally, new information has been added on the CACREP (2009) standards pertaining to personal counseling for students.
- Chapter 4, “Multicultural Perspectives and Diversity Issues,” has been thoroughly revised and now includes new information on multicultural and diversity perspectives, a revised discussion of issues pertaining to sexual orientation and inclusion of competencies in working with LGBT individuals, and an updated discussion of training students in the area of multicultural competence.
- The book’s discussion of confidentiality and privileged communication has been expanded. Chapter 6, “Confidentiality: Ethical and Legal Issues,” includes a new discussion of an ethical practice model for protecting clients’ confidentiality, a revised section on the implications of HIPAA for mental health providers, and updated material on the duty to warn and protect, especially in protecting children, older persons, and dependent adults from harm.
- In Chapter 8, “Professional Competence and Training,” you’ll find a new discussion of competence and how to assess it, as well as important new material on formative assessment, summary assessment, and an expanded section on continuing professional education.
- Reviews (0)
- The item being sold is not the textbook. This study guide can be used for your university class / college course or online course / online university / edu online, whether you are studying for your bachelor degree or masters degree. Also great for your short summer courses / summer session.
- Please note that the files are compressed using the program Winzip.
- Files ending with the extension (.pdf) can be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Files ending with the extension (.doc) , (.docx) or (.rtf) can be opened using Microsoft Word Viewer 2007.
Solution Manual for Fundamentals of Database Systems, 6/E 6th Edition : 01360862090 out of 5
A Comprehensive Solution Manual for Fundamentals of Database Systems, 6/E By Ramez Elmasri, Shamkant Navathe, ISBN-10: 0136086209 ISBN-13: 9780136086208
Solution Manual for Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction, 5/E 5th Edition : 03215373510 out of 5
A Comprehensive Solution Manual for Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human-Computer Interaction, 5/E ISBN-10: 0321537351 ISBN-13: 9780321537355
Test Bank for Essentials of MIS, 10/E 10th Edition : 01330330900 out of 5
A Descriptive Test Bank for Essentials of MIS, 10/E By Kenneth Laudon Jane Laudon ISBN-10: 0133033090 • ISBN-13: 9780133033090
Test Bank for A First Course in Statistics, 11/E 11th Edition : 03218919290 out of 5
A Descriptive Test Bank for A First Course in Statistics, 11/E By James T. McClave, Terry Sinich, ISBN-10: 0321891929 ISBN-13: 9780321891921
Instructor Manual For Career Management 4th Edition by Jeffrey H. Greenhaus, Gerard A. Callanan, Veronica M. (Maria) Godshalk0 out of 5ISBN-13:978-1412978262ISBN-10:1412978262Edition:Fourth Edition
Solution Manual for Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, 8/E 8th Edition : 01338059130 out of 5
A Comprehensive Solution Manual for Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, 8/E By William Stallings ISBN-10: 0133805913 ISBN-13: 9780133805918
Test Bank for Starting Out with C++: From Control Structures through Objects, Brief Edition, 7/E 7th Edition : 01329268650 out of 5
A Descriptive Test Bank for Starting Out with C++: From Control Structures through Objects, Brief Edition, 7/E By Tony Gaddis, ISBN-10: 0132926865 ISBN-13: 9780132926867
Chemistry The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change Silberberg 7th Edition Solutions Manual0 out of 5
Name: Chemistry The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change
Author: Silberberg Amateis
Auditing Cases An Interactive Learning Approach Beasley 5th Edition Solutions Manual0 out of 5
Name: Auditing Cases An Interactive Learning Approach
Author: Beasley Buckless Glover
Type: Solutions Manual
Test Bank For Effective Instructional Strategies: From Theory to Practice 3rd Edition by Kenneth D. (Dean) Moore0 out of 5ISBN-13:978-1412995726ISBN-10:1412995728Edition:Third Edition